Sunday, July 9, 2017

Keep on the Borderlands D&D Miniatures Painting - started

This is the 2nd time my boyfriend (Kelly) will be attempting to run Keep on the Borderlands, a 1st edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons module I purchased some years ago. Since it is a classic, and we will be running the campaign in-person, he decided to invest in some miniatures (Dungeons & Dragons: Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures) to go along with it! I've been having fun painting them, and wanted to share my in-progress pictures (apologies for the focus):

I am super pleased with how my custom washes on the undead (bottom picture) turned out! The zombies use a wash of 1:1 Guilliman Blue Glaze & Seraphim Sepia Wash over Fenrisian Grey layer. The Skeletons are a homemade wash using Karak Stone layer with a tiny bit of Sepia wash, a few drops of water and a few drops of Flow-Aid paint additive (Liquidtex), over a white primer. (All paints Citadel brand, miniatures are Dungeons & Dragons: Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures)




This last one has nothing to do with Keep on the Borderlands, it is a Harrower mini from Pathfinder I am thinking of using for my Bladed Scarf Magus, but I am really pleased with how the dollar store glitter nail polish enhanced this magic effect:


NOTE: Further Miniatures painting updates can be found on my new gaming blog "Tales of gaming on a shoestring budget"


No comments:

Post a Comment