Saturday, June 29, 2013

Blog Renovation: FASHION/SEWING

Hello fair-wind internet travelers and friends! I apologize for the gap of service. If you haven't noticed, I've obviously fallen off updating local Spokane/CdA audition notices, due to moving to Portland a few months ago. As a consequence, this blog has been languishing away in obscurity whilst I decided what to do with it.

Life does that sometimes. My health and finances made moving in with my dad in Portland the only feasible option. New city, same issues, but with less community.

So now I'm in Portland and, in an effort to keep myself moving forward and to keep in touch with faraway friends, I've been trying to update my personal blog on a more regular basis, mostly commentating on my personal struggles with chronic pain & fatigue, depression, and recently discovering I have severe adult ADD.

It's kind of a lot. I get overwhelmed, a LOT. And I'm trying to be as honest as I can be on my personal blog, so I can truly move forward, but it can be kind of intense sometimes. Creativity helps me be more positive, focus on my strengths, and practice follow-through. Sharing about it on the internet helps people who want to learn more, or who have similar hobbies, or who are interested in my stories & projects, as well as giving ME a sense of community & accountability. If I say I'm going to finish something, and I don't "get around to it" or forget, you have full permission to nag at me about it, please do!

Unfortunately, acting isn't really something I can do right now, due to the physical demands on my health, significant time investment required, and lack of knowledge in a new community. But I have many interests, and am trying to find out a way to support my family using my fashion/sewing/design skills.

So... that is what I think I'm doing to dedicate this blog to, for now. Eventually, I might also upload some songs or videos, as I get my recording/studio corner set up, and my voice back in training. Singing takes a lot out of me nowadays.

So!: FASHION! And sewing. And stuff. YES.

Things I may include: pictures of current projects, tutorials, design sketches, photos of Portland street fashion, costume ideas, links to patterns or great resources, fashion/DIY tips, inspirational board?

Also women power and stuff.

Really, I'm hoping this will give me a goal to focus on, to help me be motivated to sew. Most of my friends seem quasi-interested in my fashion/sewing/costume exploits, so I would love community support as well! Eventually I'd like to open my own etsy store, but fashion school is too expensive, so I'm working small to start. :)

Here is a sample of what is currently in my notebook:



No comments:

Post a Comment