Friday, June 10, 2011

Dracula costuming

So, SFCC is planning on doing ***'s version of Dracula in the fall, and my costuming assignment in Stagecrafts class is creating costumes for the brides of Dracula. I know they're doing it in Victorian style, and that the director wants them in gauzy-bridal-looking-pastels-fadedglory sort of style. That's about it. I've read through the play, but don't really know what style he's going for, I assume traditional, since it's pretty accurate to the original novel.

But I has an ingenious idea.

WHAT IF DRACULA WAS STEAMPUNK THEMED?!??!?

I suddenly got very excited, but somehow, don't think this is probably the direction he had in mind, and probably wouldn't be cost-effective for a community college to produce, either.

Now ask me if I care. >:-D

Anyway, so I have to draw/color pictures of them, and come up with appropriate fabric swatches by Wednesday. Kind of excited, but still have a LOT to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment